Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A New Chapter: In School Again!


chapters
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
After a year of slogging around town, partying too much and generally wasting my time, I have joined the ranks of the scholarly once again. Though this time is different in a few significant ways:

1. The building that I spend my days in is NOT a million years old, neglected, and far from the University's rehabilitation radar.

2. They tell ME what classes to take. I was a "comprehensive communications" major in my undergrad. (Translation: which theater, radio, or otherwise cushy elective courses would I like to take this semester?)

3. Books! Books? Five hundred dollars worth of books! (See above: theater classes don't require hardcovers)

4. Ann Arbor: got to love it. Not to bash the fine city of Ypsilanti (my previous campus), but this is my home. And, I look smarter cause I'm one of the only people in my program who doesn't get lost all the time.

I could go on. It is weird being back in school, especially because I never pictured myself at U of M until a few months ago. And parts of it are going to take some getting used to (a good football team) but I am incredibly contented at the moment to be stepping off the cliff into this new chapter of my life.



Oh, but don't let me forget about the artwork! This picture is by Kurt Halsey Frederiksen, one of my new favorite artists. He's got lots more creative stuff on his website, you should check it out.

No comments: