Friday, September 16, 2005

Happy Birthday Colleen (and Anna)!


Colleen KC
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
A little bit of a joint birthday post on this one, but I don't think the girls will mind. Let me say right off that this picture is NOT of Colleen and Anna, it's of Colleen and KC (Colleen not to be confused with the oft mentioned Leen, and KC not to be confused with KTC- me). But I don't have a picture of the two of them together. Want to see a cute pic of Anna? Hit the post titled "Girlfriends" in the archives and she's the cutie dressed up as catwoman.

Anyway, let's get into it. Colleen was the first person that I met when I started working at the Peak, and I'm pretty sure that I was intimidated by her (who am I kidding, I was terrified). I learned eventually, however, that she has a very dirty sense of humor that could make me laugh on even the worst nights at work. She would always draw this little character called Boxface on coasters, which I loved because he was quirky/cute, and I always support the frivolous wasting of coasters (5 cents apeice, take that Shelde's). Colleen is a great friend, she always seems to know what I'm thinking. She's moving to NYC here pretty soon, and I will miss her dearly (look for a farewell post on Things Hated), but that just means there is one more person who I can visit when I am in the city. Hooray.

On to Anna... I remember the first day she started work at the Peak. My friend Mark came up to me with this stricken look on his face and told me a story about some girl he had hooked up with and never called, and now! Now she was working with us. I thought it was pretty funny (although I thought he was dumb as hell for not calling her, she's a hottie) and I had no idea that years down the line I would be calling Anna a good friend. And she is. She also shares my love for monkeys, and anyone who loves monkeys is just all right with me.

Happy Birthday, Ladies. Love ya!

No comments: