Friday, September 16, 2005

Getting the Hell Out of Dodge


study
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
To start, let me say that I have used the phrase "I'm getting the hell out of dodge" for years and years, not realizing that I really have no idea what that means. To me, it means, I'm leaving and you can not come with me, or I'm leaving because I'm sick of you and your shit. But I just looked it up and it's really a phrase from old Western movies and it originally referred to Dodge City, Kansas. Apparently when the bad guys were beaten by the good guys, they were commanded to get the hell out of Dodge. Don't you find that incredibly interesting? Me too.

Anyway, I'm leaving town for the weekend to housesit for my mom, which I think will be a very good thing. Not only do I get to hang out with Leia the Dog and Dutchess the Cat, but I will also certainly get some studying done so I will be all caught up for next week. Which means that I can actually start on the mounds of homework that all of this reading is supposed to apply to.

I also have some other plans for my mini vacation which include walking around the lake listening to Ben Folds on my iPod, having a drink at the best redneck bar in town, maybe going to see if Hector and Jimmy's still exists, oh, and I was going to catch up on some blog entries...

So it remains to be seen exactly how I will fit all of this into the few days (about 2) that I have, but I'm going to try. I'm actually kind of hoping that the laptop that I have coming in the mail (woo hoo) will not come today before I leave because then all of my plans will fly out the window so that I can tinker with it. I should really start packing, maybe after I waste a little more time on the internet.

No comments: