Friday, October 21, 2005

I'm Going to Tell You a Secret


madonna
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
When I first heard about Madonna's new movie, a documentary of her last tour called "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret," I thought the normal things you might think, like, "probably a has-been publicity stunt," and, "most likely some Kabbalah propaganda bullshit," but I actually enjoyed it.

I was feeling all depressed and couldn't possibly study, but there was nothing else on TV. MTV was showing the movie premier with no commercials, so Danjo and I decided to check it out. The first five minutes or so were exactly what I expected: obscure, weird, and not interesting to me at all.

But then it was just cool and chill... a behind the scenes view of Madonna's tour, complete with cute video opps from the kids and Guy Ritchie (what a catch, by the way). I was especially impressed when she spoke about her marriage and her view on soulmates. She said that if you ever find anyone who you think is perfect, run in the other direction, because your view is obviously skewed (we all know no one is perfect but man, can that be clouded by the puppy love that comes with a new relationship). A soulmate is someone who will challenge you, piss you off, and still be there when the dust settles. Amen, sista!

So anyways, I was surprized that I liked the movie as much as I did. I'm not saying it was the best ever, or that you should run out and see it, just that it could have been a lot worse. And also, it would be so incredibly sweet to be traveling around on tour with Madonna. Alas, a girl can dream...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw it on C4 last night, and it was exellent. All those cuts from her concerts were amazing. And the art arrangement was amazing and clever. Je vais vous dire un secret

Anonymous said...

Hi I missed Madonnas documentary and would like to see it

please could you tell me if you have recorded Madonnas documentary

and if so could you I buy a copy off you???

Shaun. Bradford University Student.
email williamsshaun22@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I thought it was fab too, i have never really been a madonna fan but watched it anyway.

her eveluation of a soulmate" She said that if you ever find anyone who you think is perfect, run in the other direction, because your view is obviously skewed (we all know no one is perfect but man, can that be clouded by the puppy love that comes with a new relationship). A soulmate is someone who will challenge you, piss you off, and still be there when the dust settles, some who makes you think" really stuck in my mind too, it made me re-evaluate my failed relationship and realise that everything i needed was already there! so i owe her alot.

Anonymous said...

I saw it on MTV, it was good to see it without commercials, because its a documentary, it wasnt originally made as a tv movie.
I have to say she have change a lot...not just her persona, if you see Truth or Dare now, your going to see a complete different woman, she dosen´t seems to have that need to prove anything to anyone anymore, she dosen´t potrait herself as a diva, even she still a diva and now she´s not lonely anymore..Good for her. She´s an amazing artist and someone we all admire in different ways.

Anonymous said...

I have been a Madonna fan since 12 yrs. old and now 34 I just love her! I Completely understand why she does what she did/does. I have seen "I'm Going To Tell You a Secret" on Mtv,but,.. caught the last 15 or 20 min. of it:( And, really liked it as well as the other positive comments left in the post your comment on, "Things Loved" P.S Can someone tell me where I can buy the DVD ? I v'e searched everywhere even to try and upload /download it, but, got no results..hmmm