Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dinner at the Seabury Farm


cow
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
Wow, I just had the best day... Earlier this month I bid in a silent auction (benefiting Katrina victims) on a dinner with a social work prof who has his own organic farm. Today I finally got to go, and it was amazing.

The Seabury Farm is 93 acres and is the home to tons of cows, a herd of sheep, pigs, more barn kitties than I could count, and two adorable border collies. As you can probably guess, I was in animal heaven.

The farm also yeilds pumpkins, squash, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, and much more. YUM! Dinner was delicious.

The conversation was amazing as well. There were five other MSW students who were all very nice and interesting to talk to. But I really enjoyed talking to Mrs. Seabury, who has a private practice and works a lot with people who have cult involvement and have been diagnosed with dissasociative identity disorder (formerly multiple personality disorder). I've been interested in that shit since I was a kid so it was pretty enthralling to talk to her.

I feel so good now, like I'm doing what I should be doing, and also that I might make it out of school alive. Speaking of which, I had totally planned on coming home and studying, but I'm willing to bet that it's not going to happen because my belly is full and I had two glasses of (fabulous) wine with dinner. I really just feel like sitting here and watching the Made marathon on MTV.

Willpower? Can't find it. Let those books sit in the backpack till tomorrow.

No comments: