Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Girlfriends Tribute


Becky Keri Anna
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
A friend from years back mentioned something to me the other day that alluded to an untruth: that I rarely get along with women. I thought about it and realized that while this had been true in high school and a few years following, it couldn't be farther from the truth at this point in my life. After I uploaded a bunch of pictures to a "Girlfriends" set on flickr to prove to my friend that he was wrong (he is currently in Arizona and not around to view my social circle), I spent a few days thinking about what allowed this change to come about in my friendship patterns.

I think that the answer is obvious. I hated most everyone I went to high school with (and, frankly, most people in my home town and surrounding areas), and now I live in an environment where I pick and choose who I hang out with. This arrangement works much better for me, as I can be rather strict in regards to who I am friends with. And once someone is my friend (especially a girlfriend), I tend to have an almost undying loyalty to them and theirs.

These are a few of my truly adored girlfriends at Halloween. See, Mike? Girlfriends!

No comments: