Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Don Vito's Dog


don1
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
This might be kinda a weird post. We'll see how it turns out, but I apologize in advance if it sucks.

People watching in the morning while I am waiting for the bus is really interesting. I see all kinds of people: kids going to school, business men walking downtown to work, and of course runners and bikers (damn people with too much motivation and energy, I hate them). Sometimes, and always when I am waiting out there around 7:30, I see Don Vito walking his dog. You understand that this guy is not the actual Don Vito, but that's what I have named him. They look very similar.

As if it wasn't weird or amusing enough that the dude looks like Mr. Vito, what he does every morning is equally strange. He parks his car on the street in front of my bus stop, gets the dog out and walks away. About five minutes later, he comes back. Without the dog!! The first time I saw this, I immediately thought the worst... Don Vito had ditched the dog somewhere in Eberwhite Woods or totally abandoned him elsewhere. I did think that it was possible that someone dogsits for him during the day, but then, what is the point of parking the car so far from the destination?

You will be happy to know that since that first time, I've seen the dog again, so he's not tied up to a random tree somewhere. But I'm still curious about what Vito is doing. So I made up a story about it that rather suits me.

So this is what is going on. Vito and his (now ex) wife just went through a messy divorce, mainly because she thought that he was fat, lazy, and didn't take care of himself. She just couldn't stand that he couldn't make some sort of effort, even when she threatened to leave him. So, hence the divorce. But they had this dog, see, and they both loved him a lot so they decided to do the joint custody thing. She works from home so she gets the dog during the day while Vito is at work.

Now, in an effort to impress and possibly win back his ex-wife, Don tells her that he is exercizing by walking the dog all the way from his apartment to her house every day. Unfortunately, he can't actually bring himself to do this, so he parks the few blocks away so she won't see him drive up.

Well, there you go. I'm pretty strange, huh? This is what I think about while on the bus. A girl can't study all the time.

No comments: