Wednesday, July 27, 2005

In Need of Some Foriegn Flair


stbasils
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
I'm feeling sick of the USA today. My dad just got back from Berlin and as he was recounting his travels to me, I was reminded that it has been 8 long years since I have been out of the country (not including Canada because Canada does not count). I spent some time as an exchange student in high school in a little town called Tarasovka, right outside of Moscow, Russia. I also spent a good amount of time in St. Petersburg. I was looking through my photos last night and found picture after picture of St. Basil's Cathedral and I remember how powerful of an experience it was to walk into Red Square and see this amazing structure, like nothing I had ever seen before. I am craving that experience again. Not that I can afford it, but I am thinking of all the places I would like to go. Right now Ireland seems to be the front runner. Although Amsterdam has always had that, ahem, certain appeal.

No comments: