Thursday, May 06, 2010

My Bret's Gonna Be Okay


I am a huge fan of reality television. Amazing Race, America's Next Top Model, and Project Runway are by far my favorites. I'd never seriously watched any of The Apprentice, but this season I decided to watch Celebrity Apprentice because I have serious love for Sharon Osbourne.

Well, I haven't been all that impressed with Sharon but I fell hard for Bret Michaels. While he may not be the brightest crayon in the box, his sincerity and positive outlook on life are seriously inspiring. He seems so genuine, and his level of caring for other people is beyond what I expect from someone with his level of celebrity. Lord knows I don't know the guy for realz, but at least that's how he seems. (I did watch one season of Rock of Love and I really don't like dating reality shows but it's forgivable.)

So I think that everything that's happened to him recently has been awful. Why do bad things happen to good people? It's a question that goes forever unanswered. But no brain hemorrhage is gonna get my boy down. Not Bret. He struggled to stay conscious on the way to the hospital, which kept him alive. And then he recovered faster than any of his doctors thought possible. You go, dude! Keep rockin'!

And you and I should take his example and realize what the power of positive thinking can do for you.

No comments: