Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Five Things Loved


At first this may look like a simple picture of my beloved Chonga being all up in my business. Which it is. But if you look closer, it's actually a picture of five things that I love.

1. Chonga. Obviously. She's my baby girl. Just look at how much she loves me. So here's the deal, when I got her I named her Chonga because I thought it meant "Monkey" in Spanish. It doesn't. Apparently it means Hispanic Miamian Hooker. http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Chonga Great.

2. House-Suit! You can see my knee right there where I'm wearing my very favorite thing, a maroon velour track suit which I affectionately call House-Suit! I only wear it when I know I'm not going to leave the house for the rest of the day so that's like a special occasion right there. And now it's too warm to wear velour so it's away for the season. (Away AKA tossed in the corner of my bedroom.)

3. G2 Gatorade. I don't know why it's called that but apparently it has like no calories and to me, it tastes better than regular gatorade. I could drink gallons of this stuff, particularly after a night at the bar. I've been making some financial changes in my life recently so I haven't had it in awhile- bottled beverages are not in the budget so YAY WATER!

4. There's a little white rocking chair next to Chonga's right ear there. It was mine when I was little and for some reason I've been carting it around for a few years now. I don't know why. I'm not going to have any children to give it to. Do you want it? See, this doesn't belong on Things Loved but it's in the picture so oh well. I do remember getting in trouble for plastering it with hello kitty stamps so my mom had to re-paint it. Apparently I didn't like it much back then either.

5. And then right above her ear there's a framed picture of Andy and I at his sister's wedding in Hawaii. We look hot. It's my favorite picture of us, and it's on my desk at work too. Have I ever told any of you how much I love that boy? It's sickening, actually. I'll try not to talk about it too much.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I did a random google search and came across your page. I too named my tortoise shell Chonga. Funny enough, I named her for the same reason and screwed up the spelling.