Friday, June 17, 2005

Grad School Here I Come!


EMU seal
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
My mom just called to tell me the good news: I got into the School of Social Work at Eastern! Hooray! After being wait-listed at the University of Michigan and not hearing anything for what seemed like forever from EMU, I was feeling really discouraged, like I was going no where and doing nothing. Now, I feel as though a whole other chapter of my life is ready to be written. To answer the question, "What will you do if you get into U of M?" I really feel as though my gut, heart, and all that is telling me to go back to EMU, the campus that I grew to love in my undergrad, because I feel that their program is more appropriate for my needs. Oh yeah, and it's a whole hell of a lot cheaper. And as for those lazy days in bed watching tv that I was looking forward to? Time to put that off for a few more years; working two jobs and going to school is going to be rough. I can do it though, right now I'm feeling like I could do anything.

No comments: