Sunday, May 22, 2005

Movie Binge


hillz
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
I saw ten movies this week. I am a self proclaimed movie buff, but ten in a week is extensive even for me. Some were good, some decent, and some I was forced to watch with the teenage girls that I work with. The reviews are as follows:
*Birth (2004): This story could have and should have been told in 30 minutes or less. Fave actor: Peter Stormare (Clifford). D-
*Leminy Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004). Loved the dreary scenery. Fave actor: Emily Browning (Violet Baudelaire). B+
*House of Wax (2005). Watch Paris get killed. Fave actor (tie): Paris Hilton (Paige) and Chad Michael Murray (Nick). B-
*Monster (2003). Okay, I'd seen it before but I still love it. Fave actor: Christina Ricci (Selby). A
*Crash (2005). Racial undertones and sincere drama make it a must see. Fave actor (tie): Ryan Phillipe (Officer Hanson) and Chris "Ludacris" Bridges (Anthony). A-
*Kinsey (2004). Even non-psych students will enjoy. Fave actor: Peter Sarsgaard (Clyde). B+
*The Hillz (2004). Whoa, can you say "no budget"? Fave actor: Paris, of course ;) C-
*Star Wars Episode III- Revenge of the Sith (2005). Great except for the sappy love parts. Fave actor: Frank Oz (Yoda). A-
*Monster In Law (2005). Someone please make JLo stop making movies! Fave actor (and ONLY redeeming quality): Wanda Sykes. D+
*The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004). Bill Murray and Willem Defoe in one hilarious movie? Sign me up! Fave Actor: Willem Defoe. A

Now that I've typed all this up, I realize that it is probable that no one really cares. But you are the one reading my blog, aren't you?

No comments: