Monday, May 02, 2005

Bunny Rescue


Baby Bunny
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
My boyfriend and I were leaving my mother's condo complex when I noticed a tiny furball hopping/stumbling across the street. I of course insisted on getting out of the car to see if this tiny little baby bunny was okay. He was drenched, covered in bugs, very confused and scared. After looking all over for a mother, nest, siblings, anything... and finding nothing, we located an emergency animal rescue nearby and drove the little guy there.
When we first got there, we handed him over and were given a form to fill out. It said something like PERMISSION FOR EUTHANIZATION on the top of it. I started freaking out a little bit, as my intentions had been to give him a second chance and not a death sentence (although more humane than what he probably would have gone through out in the cold). When the worker came back out to us, we expressed our concerns and she realized that she had given us the wrong form. She replaced the death form with one that said something like WILD ANIMAL RESCUE at the top, which I thought was much better.
Isn't he cute? I hope he's okay.

No comments: